London: BC 03-04 revisited
Yesterday my parents and I walked around the London School of Economics (think BU but not quite as spread out) and my dorm (think Newton but further and not quite as outdoorsy). I’ve never had such a huge question mark over an entire 9 month period of my life before. This woman who works at my dorm said that out of the 457 single rooms, ¾ are expected to be postgraduates, who studied so much last year that administration decided to turn the pub in the lobby into just a common room. Doesn’t look good for me and the 100+ other undergrads looking to cause debauchery miles away from the school. They say that my dorm on the inside is like a minimum security prison: everybody in their own cells. My suite isn’t arranged around a common room like at BC, instead you walk in the main door and it’s just a hallway, a few rooms on the left and some on the right, one of which is the kitchen. Not exactly promoting social interactions right there. Maybe to make up for all of it I’ll just become that annoying, overly social kid in the first two weeks and throw everybody for a loop…or I could just wear my retainer and glasses everywhere and act like I don’t speak English…
Either way, a year is what you make of it, right? The dorm was recently remodeled (just like Hardey before we moved in) and it’s actually really nice. Can’t complain about a single with a private bathroom, either.
My Dorm: Great Dover Street
My Parents at LSE


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home