Paris
Last weekend Emily and Ryan welcomed me into their respective homes for a night each in Paris, so I'd like to start off by thanking them for hosting me. Paris is large, just like London, but every part of it looks exactly the same, unlike London, where I think every little neighborhood has its individual charm.
No pictures to show, but between seeing a solid DJ on Friday night with Em and Josh (another asian!) and a pretty cool band (despite the 5 Euro cover and 8 Euro beer) on Saturday, it was a solid weekend. And of course it's me, so I have to talk about how good the pastries, the croque monsieur, and the crepes were. Although I ate the nutella crepe on Saturday night at 2am way too quickly.
Some random stories from the weekend:
-While drinking beers on the riverbank, Finny, Natalie, Harms, Emily and I realized that nobody had bottle openers. So we all tried to find sharp edges to open our bottles, which were like junior 40s. I hurt my hand trying to hit the bottle too hard, and Ryan proceeded to laugh at me, which I deserved. Then Harms turned to his own bottle and hit it so hard that the entire neck of the bottle exploded...I sipped on my beer and laughed right back. Asians 1, South 0
-Emily and I were taking the bus to the center of the city when all of a sudden the bus driver slammed on the brakes. We figured a car just cut him off and he had to avoid an accident, but when we didn't move for about 5 minutes and all the pedestrians were staring and pointing at the front of the bus, we realized something was up. It turns out he either nearly hit or lightly tapped an old woman in an electric wheelchair. For some reason the old woman refused to move out of the way and let traffic pass through. People were yelling at her to move, but she just sat there yelling back, with what looked like a crying granddaughter in her lap. I don't know if she wanted the cops to come and record the incident or what, but eventually she zoomed off in her chair, which appeared to be turbocharged or something. Crazy Frenchies...
No pictures to show, but between seeing a solid DJ on Friday night with Em and Josh (another asian!) and a pretty cool band (despite the 5 Euro cover and 8 Euro beer) on Saturday, it was a solid weekend. And of course it's me, so I have to talk about how good the pastries, the croque monsieur, and the crepes were. Although I ate the nutella crepe on Saturday night at 2am way too quickly.
Some random stories from the weekend:
-While drinking beers on the riverbank, Finny, Natalie, Harms, Emily and I realized that nobody had bottle openers. So we all tried to find sharp edges to open our bottles, which were like junior 40s. I hurt my hand trying to hit the bottle too hard, and Ryan proceeded to laugh at me, which I deserved. Then Harms turned to his own bottle and hit it so hard that the entire neck of the bottle exploded...I sipped on my beer and laughed right back. Asians 1, South 0
-Emily and I were taking the bus to the center of the city when all of a sudden the bus driver slammed on the brakes. We figured a car just cut him off and he had to avoid an accident, but when we didn't move for about 5 minutes and all the pedestrians were staring and pointing at the front of the bus, we realized something was up. It turns out he either nearly hit or lightly tapped an old woman in an electric wheelchair. For some reason the old woman refused to move out of the way and let traffic pass through. People were yelling at her to move, but she just sat there yelling back, with what looked like a crying granddaughter in her lap. I don't know if she wanted the cops to come and record the incident or what, but eventually she zoomed off in her chair, which appeared to be turbocharged or something. Crazy Frenchies...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home